Here at New Home Snagging Ltd it is important for us to give back to the local community. We support local small businesses by recommending the best companies to our loyal customers. We are also proud ambassadors of the Little Miracles Charity.
Little Miracles exists to ensure families that have children with additional needs, disabilities and life-limiting conditions can access the care and support they need and connect with each other in confidence and without judgement.
They started back in 2010 with the belief that no family should have to feel alone. From very humble beginnings as a drop-in support group they have grown into a network of 14 branches supporting thousands of children and their families.
Their Childcare Teams, Family Support Workers and Counsellors provide activities, training, advice and safe-spaces to the whole family even before they receive a formal diagnosis. This includes everyone - the children, their parents, carers and siblings.
Throughout 2022 -
- Little Miracles teams across all 14 branches helped:
- Family Support Teams undertook 16,428 cases. These included:
Other cases involved Safeguarding, Legal aid, Housing advice and advocating for vulnerable families in overwhelming situations.
- Counselling Teams held more than 3,000 sessions with children and adults
They were also there for:
As the parent of children with additional needs, founder of New Home Snagging Ltd Jamie chose Little Miracles to be our Charity of the Year as he knows personally the difference that they can make.
A survey held in August 2022 found that after spending time at Little Miracles:
- 94% saw a general improvement in their child's wellbeing
- 89% said they felt their child was more accepted and safer at Little Miracles than elsewhere
- 84% found that their child felt more comfortable around new people, trying new things and making new friends
- 61% saw an improvement in their child managing their emotions, being able to express feelings and feeling generally happier
If you would like to know more about how you can help to ensure that Little Miracles can keep supporting thousands of children every year then please click on the button below